Tuesday 18 February 2014

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Lotus Drawing

Final graphic image in png file format
Original image used

I saved my final file as a png file. I did this because png is a lossless file format. This means that a png file looks for patterns in the image to create algorithms to save file space; instead of saving each individual pixel. The compression that occurs in a png file is reversible so it can be recovered exactly.

The first step I took to create this image was to first find a jpeg image that I felt would be capable of coping in Illustrator. Once I found my image I drag and place it into the first layer of my file. I then locked this layer. I used the pen tool with a gradient colour filter to create the shapes. I then, using the pen tool, I created shapes on top of the image mimicking the actual look of the image the best I can. I used gradient tool to create realistic light and shadow throughout my image. Once I was done I dragged, placed and resized some shapes that I had create on top of my original image to fill in wholes and to make it look more realistic. Lastly I saved as a png. 

Once I had fully completed my image, before saving I noticed there were plank spots in between my created shapes. I noticed this once I took away the original image I was layering everything on top of. This was challenging because I really didn’t know what to do about this except start over. But realizing that I did not have very much time left I felt the best decision t6o make was to resize and position some of my shapes to fill in those gaps.

I am pleased with my final result mainly because I like original image and I felt I copied fairly well’ except now it looks more like a graphic instead of a photograph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment