Monday 17 September 2012

Repetition & Rhythm Assignment





      I created, in the first comp, a rhythm that becomes greater and then smaller again. I did this by using oblique lines in a 1-1,2-1-1,2,3-etc. In my second comp I created a steady rhythm that gets greater and thicker longer it lasts. I did this by using a curved line that I copied and repositioned 26 times. As the lines get more curved the beat is getting louder/thicker. I think my first comp works because you could actually clap it out, even though it looks like a magnified suit pattern. I think my second comp works because it is more of a visual representation of a beat getting thicker, but it is clear that the curve in the line is getting greater and greater and if I was to clap it out for you the beat would be getting thicker and louder. I think my first comp works because it is more obvious and doesn’t need as much explaining as the second one. I think they are both pleasing the eye because I think to the untrained eye ,who                              
had no idea the purpose of the assignment they would just see lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment