Monday 22 October 2012

Post #5 Composition in Photography


        I think my image is visually interesting because of the angle the image was taken, the use of rule of thirds technique and the bright and rich colours. The angle the photo was taken isn't parallel to the goal post. This is visually interesting because even though the back post line is on an angle it is still following the rule of thirds. Another way this image is a display of the rule of thirds is because the object of the image(the girl in the pink sweater) is on the right hand bottom cross line of the 9 boxes. When the image was taken the focal point was not on the rule of thirds, using photoshop I cropped the image to create this.The girl is also a focal point because her pink sweater creates great contrast against the whole image and its organic colours. These colours used to be washed out, but with the help of photoshop and the use of colour boost I made the colours look richer and brighter, like a very sunny day, even though this image is was taken on a cloudy day. I took this image with the intent of the pink sweater making pop and I think after my photoshop edit I made my intent even better. I wanted to display dominance while still adding other compositional techniques to make my audience really look further, but look further in a certain  order which I control with the dominance displayed in the image.
       If I could retake this image I would take it from a lower angle, so the viewer could see the expression on my focus's face. I might use photoshop in a different way and play on the fact it was a cloudy day. Maybe create an image of loneliness or sadness instead of just high contrast sunny day simple everything is okay kinda fell.

No comments:

Post a Comment